In this informative and practical course, participants learn about the signs and symptoms of common and disabling mental health problems in adults. They learn how to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective. They also learn how to provide mental health first aid in a crisis situation using a practical, evidence-based action plan.
This course focuses on the workplace and provides relevant information and tailored scenarios and exercises that will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to provide initial mental health first aid to assist colleagues, clients, and other workplace contacts who may be developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis, and how to connect people needing assistance to existing workplace supports and external professional help.
Standard MHFA (Face to face delivery)
The 12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid course teaches adults (18 years and over) how to provide initial support to adults who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.
Blended Online MHFA Workplace Course
Course component 1: Self-paced interactive eLearning
Developing mental health problems covering:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
Course component 2: Instructor-led videoconferencing
This course component allows participants the opportunity to revise and consolidate practical skills in a group environment.
In this training, delivered over video conference from wherever you are, the focus is on the revision and application of knowledge and skills learnt in the eLearning component. The video conferencing includes large and small group activities, providing participants with the opportunity to:
- Revise the eLearning content and the MHFA Action Plan
- Clarify any points of uncertainty remaining after completion of the eLearning modules
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to relevant scenarios
- Discuss and reflect ‘a where to from now’ in using mental
- Develop a self-care plan to maintain good mental health
Access Psych offers bespoke workplace training, designed to increase your employee’s knowledge of wellbeing and resilience behaviours and strengthen them in all aspects of life. The program can be fully customised, mixing the content outlined below for a unique program.
Interactive and engaging, the sessions are available face-to-face, via webinar, or available as a video series. Modules include:
This module aims to improve overall understanding of all things mental health and wellbeing. Based on your business needs, topics can include:
- Identifying ill health and increasing awareness
- Wellbeing theory
- Depression and anxiety
- Signs and symptoms
- Guidance on when to get help
This module focuses on the importance of self-care and resilience and can be customised to the specific needs of the audience to explore:
- Work-life balance
- Stress management
- Positive psychology
- Building resilience
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Practical tips to improve wellbeing
This module is tailored for workplaces with specific challenges such as long hours, shift work, heavy workload and focuses on:
- Understanding human behaviour
- Managing conflict
- Starting conversations and effective communication
- Change management
- Team cohesion and organisational culture
This module is aimed at emerging leaders or managers facing leadership challenges and discusses:
- Understanding mental health
- Managing psychological injuries
- Risk factors and warning signs
- Understanding human interaction
- Emotional intelligence
- Organisational climate and culture
- Components of communication
Bespoke COVID-19 webinars on resilience and the prevention of mental stress during times of increased isolation and anxiety due to COVID-19.